Terms and Conditions
West Dorset Jobs is a trading name for Recruit Local Limited.
The term 'West Dorset Jobs' or 'Recruit Local Limited' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Herston Cross House, 230 High Street, Swanage BH19 2PQ. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
West Dorset Jobs may change the terms and conditions from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. These terms and conditions are effective from 9th December 2014.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
- The Site and Services rely in part on software to work. Whilst we monitor the Site and Services and try to fix bugs promptly, we do not guarantee that the Site and Services will be error free, available all the time and/or free from viruses.
The website and its Services
- Subject to any contractual obligations we may owe to any users of our paid services, we shall not be liable if for any reason the website and services are unavailable at any time for any period.
- If you are provided with a user password as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
- From time to time, we may restrict access to all or some parts of the website and the services to users that have registered with us.
- We reserve the right to restrict or deny you access to some parts or all of the website and services, if we feel that you have failed to comply with these terms and conditions.
Material submitted by you
- Except for information that identifies you personally (e.g. your name, address, telephone number, email address and CV), any material which you submit will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary such that we shall have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose it to third parties for any purpose.
- You agree not to submit any material:
- That is false, misleading, defamatory, discriminatory, threatening, offensive, abusive, likely to cause someone anxiety or distress, encourages violence or racial or religious hatred, blasphemous, pornographic, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy; or
- That infringes any intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trade marks. This means generally that you must own the rights in everything you submit or must obtain permission from the rights owner to submit the material; or
- Which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data); or
- Which encourages or teaches conduct that is a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise unlawful.
- We are not obliged to use material submitted by you and we may remove from the Site, the Services and our database any of the material submitted by you at our sole discretion.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials submitted by you.
Payments and Refunds
We make use of PayPal’s secure on-line payment system, which allows you to pay with a credit card, debit card or, if you have one, with a PayPal account. We will not display an advert on the website before receiving payment. If your card issuer refuses to authorise payment we will not be liable for any delay in your advert being placed on the website.
Refunds will be credited by the same payment method as was used to purchase the item/s being refunded.
- The advert cost includes a listing for one job, logo, unlimited text and inclusion in one email bulletin. We are happy for you to advertise multiples of the same job under one advert e.g. waiting staff x 4. Jobs with different job titles and job functions are required to have separate adverts.
- All adverts will be reviewed before going live. It is a prerequisite that all jobs advertised are located within West Dorset. We reserve the right to reject adverts without providing a reason for doing so.
- All adverts must be paid for on the advertise with us page, before they will be listed on the website.
- Volunteer adverts can be displayed for up to six months. Posting includes logo, unlimited text and inclusion in one email update.
- To post a volunteer advert you must create an account. Log into your account and create a job advert, you must make sure that the position type is set to ‘volunteer’.
- Volunteer adverts will only be free on the basis that the volunteer does not pay to participate in the activity.
- If you do not meet the terms of our free volunteer adverts, we may be able to offer you special tailored advertising rates. Please contact us for more information.
- All adverts will be reviewed before going live. It is a prerequisite that all volunteer positions are located within West Dorset. We reserve the right to reject adverts without providing a reason for doing so.
If any part or provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other part or provision.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.